Holidays are always an exciting opportunity to unwind, relax and explore new destinations, especially picturesque locations.These are also to know different cultures and traditions, sample local cuisine as well as new exotic flavours and delicacies. Many plan their holidays to scenic locales – a beach destination or a hilly terrain, a snow-clad mountain place or a luxurious resort. However, planning a getaway to a new city can be exciting and fun too. Many modern cities, like Sydney, offer a number of options to visitors, both old and young, couples, families, children and single explorers too.
Exploring a city
A leisure holiday in a city offers a lot of exploring options which could include sightseeing opportunities, visits to museums and places of historic importance. Viewing landmarks, checking out night spots, sampling local delicacies and signature dishes and visiting national parks, botanical gardens and zoos are also in the to-do-list of travelers. A city has something to offer to everyone, whatever their interest might be. Therefore, to completely explore a city one must try staying for a few more days and that too preferably in the centre of the city’s heart.
Where to stay?
Staying in a hotel would turn out to be expensive and inconvenient too since a few hotels are centrally located. Thankfully, furnished apartments are now on the rise of popularity due to their lots of benefits. Like other major hubs of Australia, Sydney too boasts finer accommodating options with a range of furnished apartments available. Try to find a serviced apartment Sydney that is centrally located and is affordable.
The benefits of furnished apartments
- The benefits of choosing such apartments over a hotel are numerous, such as these places offer privacy and comforts of a home along with services of hotels, such as concierge, housekeeping and security.
- Such apartments also come with a fully equipped kitchen which can be convenient to make a breakfast one is used to as against the usual continental fare in most hotels.
- One can also make and pack a lunch for the day’s excursion or rustle up a sumptuous dinner while sampling local ingredients.
- All of this would not be possible in a hotel.
- Additionally, the apartments are comfortable, spacious and can accommodate more people too as they have an option of one or two bedrooms.
- And the cherry on the cake is that they are less expensive than staying at a hotel.
- Also, the apartments are usually stocked up on toiletries and basic necessities like tea, coffee, sugar, milk powder thus making things even easier for the guests.
Packing essentials for the city
When looking to stay in a city for quite a few days with the intention of exploring the place, there are a few essentials that need to be packed. These include walking shoes or comfortable footwear as a city or any place is best explored on foot. Equally important are sunglasses and a hat or cap to stay comfortable in the sun. Clothes must be packed keeping in mind the weather of the destination, but usually layered clothing is a great option to combat cold winds and to relax in the sunny afternoons. Carrying a lightweight jacket will help during the slightly chilly evenings in most places. However, care must be taken not to overpack. Also staying at an apartment that is serviced can help dealing with the laundry.
Exploring a city is exhilarating and when done by staying within the city, like one of its citizens, albeit for a few days, it’s even more fun.