If you live in the city, you may have been thinking how great it would be to look for camper rentals and just get away to a beautiful place for a bit. Perhaps you would like to go to a place where you can enjoy fresh weather, clear skies for stargazing, and beautiful nature.
Where do you go to enjoy starry nights and open spaces? Here are some ideas:
- Death Valley National Park in California-This beautiful destination in California may sound frightening and while it does require you to go fully prepared, it isn’t as scary as it sounds. In fact, staying overnight in Death Valley can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your lifetime. There you can observe the milky way, watch a meteor shower if you are lucky, or simply observe the night sky lit up with thousands of stars.
- Cherry Springs State Park in Pennsylvania-The dark skies at Cherry Springs State Park allow for some of the most incredible stargazing experiences imaginable. If what you want is to observe the sky in all of its natural beauty, this is an ideal destination for your next road trip. You can camp out there and enjoy the sky at night and wake up to go hiking the next day.
- Kitt Peak National Observatory in Arizona-There is a reason why the Kitt Peak National Observatory is where you can professional astronomers. On top of a 3000-foot mountain you can appreciate the views of the desert below during the day, but the real treat is to visit at night when you can observe the sky, stars, and galaxies through telescopes. It is a captivating experience that will reward you with a breathtaking view of the night sky.
- Mauna Kea in Hawaii-There is a reason why there are observatories atop the summit of Mauna Kea. It offers visitors and astronomers a like a fascinating view of the stars. If you are a star aficionado, you must put Mauna Kea on your bucket list and visit at least once in your life. Just be aware that you must acclimatize to the altitude before going to the top as it is 14,000 feet from where you were probably just swimming in the ocean.
- Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska-A fantastic spot for camping and stargazing, Denali National Park is just another one of the United States’ beautiful destinations for those who love nature. From being able to observe wildlife and Mt. McKinley to hiking in the park, anyone visiting Alaska will want to make this their number one stop. Yet as attractive as all these things may be, they don’t compare to the breathtaking beauty of the night sky at the park.
From observing how the night sky lights up on a regular night to watching the Aurora Borealis, it is truly a sight to behold and one that you will want to see some time in your life.
Why not now? Get in your camper and road trip to one of the most breathtaking places that exists in the world.